Ge 4/4 IIIData Photographed Locomotive
Road number: 643
Livery: EMS ChemieOperation
Years of construction: 1993, 1994, 1999
Road numbers (old): 641-652
Quantity built: 12
Quantity today: 12Technical data
Manufacturer: SLM, ABB, Adtranz
Wheel arrangement: Bo'Bo'
Top speed: 100 kph
Continuous power: 2'400 kW
Power system: ~11 kV 16,7 Hz
Gauge: 1000 mmMass and weight
Length over buffer: 16'000 mm
Width: 2'800 mm
Operating Weight: 62 tonnesOther
Owner: RhB (Rhätische Bahn)
Operator: RhB (Rhätische Bahn)
Precursor: Ge 4/4 II
Location: Landwasserviadukt, Switzerland
Note: The Rhaetian Railway Ge 4/4 III is a class of metre gauge Bo-Bo electric locomotives operated by the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), which is the main railway network in the Canton of Graubünden, Switzerland. The class is so named because it was the third class of locomotives of the Swiss locomotives and railcar classification type Ge 4/4 to be acquired by the Rhaetian Railway. According to that classification system, Ge 4/4 denotes a narrow gauge electric adhesion locomotive with a total of four axles, all of which are drive axles.
The EMS Group is active worldwide in the business areas High Performance Polymers and Specialty Chemicals. The companies within the group are consolidated in the EMS-CHEMIE HOLDING AG domiciled in Domat/Ems.
The Landwasser Viaduct (German: Landwasserviadukt) is a single track six-arched curved limestone railway viaduct. It spans the Landwasser River between Schmitten and Filisur, in the Canton of Graubünden, Switzerland.
Designed by Alexander Acatos, it was built between 1901 and 1902 by Müller & Zeerleder for the Rhaetian Railway, which still owns and uses it today. A signature structure of the World Heritage-listed Albula Railway, it is 65 metres (213 ft) high, 136 metres (446 ft) long, and one of its ramps exits straight into the Landwasser Tunnel.